( June 11 )
Malassezia Symptoms – Photos and Comments
~Crawl, Burn, Itch and Scratch All Day…~
Any number, combination and severity of symptoms may be experienced at different times.
Depending on individuals sensitivity, body’s response
and stage of Malassezia’s development.
* General Itchy, Prickly, Burning sensation all over the body
* A sudden strong, Acid like, Burning sensation on the skin
* Usually followed by maddening Itching
* Developing within hours into itchy Bumps
* Eventually breaking into Burning caustic Lesions
(more details below in the comments section)
* Sharp but quick Pin Pricks in different parts of the body including face and toes.
On Legs or Torso often they result on a Blood Red pin size Circle. (Photo 1)
* Spontaneous appearing usually semicircular Itchy / Burning Scratch Lines (Photo 4)
on the skin often two or three together, usually on the arms, hands or buttocks.
* A thin, invisible to the eye, but highly Itchy, Burning, Grayish -or Orange Rust like-
Sticky Substance on many areas of the skin, becoming visible when rubbed off
by applying warm water or methylated spirits and gentle repeated rolling/rubbing
pressure with the fingers. (Photo 5 – 6)
* Lice or Spider like movement* in the Hair and Scalp resulting in matting,
hard to untangle and Burning, Itchy sensation on the Scalp,
which if given a chance, eventually resulting in painful Bumps
followed by Itchy Lesions.
* (Possibly stage 1 of Malassezia laying a Grayish Sticky Layer GSL,
as mentioned above for the Gritty Granules that will develop
onto Scalp Bumps and Lesions.
( 2014: GSL is the Malassezia -Biofilm- Carrier )
* Small white Gritty Granules, sand like, deposited on Hair, Scalp, (as above)
as well as Eye Lids/ Lashes, on back, Finger Nails and Toes
also eventually resulting in Painful Bumps followed by Itchy Lesions. (Photo 2 -3)
* Sudden Intense Shivering, topical or all over the body during mobilization
in or out of the hair Follicles. May be experienced only topically on the legs or arms
or all over the body. Usually followed by sensation of feeling sick internally
i.e. stomach or as if blood has been injected with poison (as it most likely is)
* Dry, Stretched, Prickly, Scaly, Lifeless like feel of alternating areas of skin
as if affected by corrosive liquid – the effect of the Grayish/Orange Sticky Layer.
Very Painful and Uncomfortable as the skin ‘ pulls ‘ with every movement.
* Crawling sensation on different parts of the body at different times
as if one or several creatures are crawling on some areas
such as Head, Face, Ears, Torso back and front, Buttocks, Legs and Toes
as well as outer Pubic / Genital / Anal areas.
* Crawling /Slithering sensation In and Out of both Private areas…
in both men and women.
( Jan 12 )
* Recent discovery also indicates Restless Leg Syndrome
(more below and in separate dedicated entry)
Malassezia Photos of Symptoms and Effects
1) Malassezia Blood Red Pinhead Size prick circle
2) Malassezia Lesions on Back / Shoulder
Photo 3: Malassezia Lesions inside Buttock
Photo 4: Malassezia Paper Cut line inside Buttock
5) Malassezia Grayish Sticky Layer Rub Offs
6) Malassezia Grayish Sticky Layer on Clothing
* * *
* Bump localised activity consists of combined small pin prick sensations
and rolling sand like, spreading outwards to the surface,
in alternating periods of activity approximately every 20 minutes or so
and periods of rest.
The skin surface is gradually damaged as the lesion is developing and the yeast
digging in and spreading, the whole process usually lasting for approximately
three to four weeks, then stops and the skin starts to heal
but with scars left behind, size depending on depth and extend of lesion.
During the time of inflammation and bleeding it is not unusual
for more bumps to be created adjacent to the area
as more shards are attracted to ready availability of blood
and prepared skin area. (Photo 2)
* Scratch Lines seem to be the reverse of the Bumps,
in that they appear suddenly accompanied by intense itch and burning
– and it is not clear to me so far whether they spring upwards
from under the skin or dig in from the surface inwards
by a sudden release of corrosive liquid that ‘eats’ the flesh
while the bumps burn and itch first and gradually rise from under the skin.
* Lice or Spider like movement in the Hair
Several times daily and during the night there is a Spider or Cockroach like
crawling sensation on the Scalp / mainly the Hair /or hair follicles
If i raffle my hair immediately for a while it appears as if the creature
leaves the place and runs to either my ears, face
or through the neck down to my back
During Bath time after a while having lathered the hair with shampoo
it also feels as if the shampoo ‘froth’ … starts to move away
from the scalp/hair while there is no water running
so i guess it is ” It ” relocating away from the shampooed area.
* Small white Gritty granules
I have collected some and they have developed within three weeks approximately
and some when looked under the microscope looked like they might be
or contain what appears to be fungus. (See Brief History and Photos)
* Grayish Sticky Layer GSL
Usually on my shoulders, buttocks, thighs, shoulders, chest and belly.
I have to rub it off the skin almost every morning each time from one or two areas.
(Having a hot bath with soda in seems to help)
OCT 12 :
More effective applying Zinc Pyrithione Shamppo “Head & Shoulders” just prior to bath time, then scrub with a Nail Brush (see ‘Before-Now-How’)
So i had thought at the time but later on i discovered Soda is No Good at all For latest Updated Info please visit *Malassezia Daily*
* Crawling / Slithering sensation In and Out of the Private areas
I believe or rather i know for sure, they live there.
I have used Combatrin (Bemedazole) for intestinal worms
and Clotrimazol for Candida yeast in the vagina and have observed
-whether they die or just leave- that all gets quiet but only for a couple of days or so.
(21 Jan 12)
*Recently i have indications that it also causes Restless Leg Syndrome
( though not all cases as there are other causes for RLS, Malassezia one of them )
because Malassezia concentrates both in the outer as well as inner Anal ring area
constantly stimulating the highly sensitive nerve endings
and this is felt more prominently at night when the person / body is resting
and all muscles less tense.
The stronger the jerking the more Malassezia concentration in the area.
One or two 2 Ltr warm clean water Enemas, partially clean the area temporarily
and relieve the jerking for a short period of time until more accumulation occurs.
I suspect and have indications -too long to elaborate here- that Restless Leg Syndrome
on the left leg in women is due to concentration in the Vaginal and / or Uterine area
(OCT 12 : where it also lives and is created – see more details in later Entries).
Inserting Acidophilus capsules helps reduce concentration and relieves
leg muscle jerking / spasms as well as Increasing Friendly Bacteria presence.
It deters but does not kill Malassezia as it may do with the Candida types.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Recommended Reading Entries in Order of Posting
* MALASSEZIA BLOGS *
* Malassezia Blog *
Photos – History of Treatments and Results
* Malassezia Daily *
New Photos – New Discoveries
Treatments and Results
* Malassezia Health Quest *
Malassezia Issues – Related Topics
Malassezia and Medical Research
Health and Immunity – Nutrition Diet