( Oct 12 )
Malassezia Yeast… Here Comes YAM!…
“ A Fortunate Second Saviour and …Good enough to Eat! ”
Along the way since the start of this Battle there have been numerous times
when i have gained considerable ground on Malassezia
and then circumstances, internal, environmental or combination of both
have thrown me back many steps where i can momentarily see
how pointless this battle can be.
Yet, surprisingly and beyond my will and character,
there is something deep in me that at times like this
urges me beyond logic or hope to push on…
It is not that i have much choice, i must admit, because giving up on fighting i know Malassezia will devour me whole … and dance on my grave.
YAM was the result of a forced situation where i had to temporarily suspend the use of my Seawater Saviour
There was a quick mental list of all chemical or natural items i had available and how i could use them in combinations or alone
After rejecting practically all of them as unsuitable to provide
Reliable Overnight Protection for my still healing Toe,
i came up with something New … yet as old as Cleopatra’s times.
A regular beauty treatment many ladies during my childhood
preferred to using instead of expensive Brand products
and one that was time to try as the only one left i could think of
– in a great urgent hurry:
The Re-invention of the Good Old Yoghurt
combined with some Good Old Milk
with a Modern Twist:
A Boost of Acidophilus Bacteria!
YOGHURT – providing Live Acidophilus Bacteria
ACIDOPHILUS Capsules –ABC Combination– fortifying Live Bacteria
MILK– providing Lactose i.e. Food for the Acidophilus Bacteria,
so they can survive and multiply while on the task
Neither of the above alone or in combination kills Malassezia
but they take its land, disturb the completion of its cycle
and Restore good Friendly Bacteria on the Skin.
And as its Name suggests….
It is Also …YAM!… Good to Eat! … and Equally Beneficial Internally!
(2014: Later discovered Acidophilus does Kill Malassezia but not on impact)
* Yoghurt – 2 TB Spoons
* Acidophilus Capsules x 4 (minimum)
* Milk – 1/2 Cup
(*Approximate -depending on intended area coverage/frequency of use)
Provides a few days use. I keep it in fridge and take out day’s requirement.
Left in room temperature overnight does not go off – thickens more into yoghurt as the capsules start to feed and if – as intended – multiply.
Before i proceed into ‘what it does’ and ‘how i have used it’ so far,
i must note:
* Yoghurt is NON FAT – Because Fat promotes Malassezia’ s Proliferation
* Milk also is NON FAT – for the same reason as above
* I use a spoon to transfer onto a cotton wad –never fingers in the mixture-
and keeping container covered for minimising chance of contamination.
How and Where i have Used it so far:
* I transfer a small quantity of YAM onto a Cotton wad and spread and rub gently
on all toes, entire top foot area including sole and heel.
* Then i transfer more on a new cotton wad, covering its entire surface richly
and wrap it around the healing Toe, then secure it with a plastic strip
* I open a wad into two parts lengthwise and cover its surface with YAM
and place it on top on the surface of the foot and repeat procedure for the sole.
* Wrap the Foot with a long piece cloth to secure wads in place and put bed socks on
The 4 Step procedure is for the vulnerable foot / toe, for the other only do step 1
Step 1 is also applied before bed time or as needed during the day
on vulnerable areas such as ears, outer buttocks and occasionally neck.
At bedtime, i still use a minimal quantity of Seawater on the Eyelashes
and the outer privates area as it is the only one i can trust not to wake up
with bumps, paper cut lines or lesions in the Labia and Inner Buttock area.
I have had NO Incidents of this kind in these areas for as many months as i have been
using this Blessed water and only by applying it in these areas i can close my eyes
and surrender my soul to a short, partial night time oblivion.
Day Uses and Protection
* In the morning i clean and prepare a new wrap for the healing Toe
* I repeat Step 1 on both feet and apply once on all vulnerable areas
* I repeat if necessary, i.e. if i feel a crawling sensation*
anywhere that YAM can be rubbed and /or applied.
* Cleaning and drying the area first before applying YAM
Can be cleaned with YAM used as cleansing lotion,
wiped off then re-applied and left on.
Once Any area is healed i cease treatment
(or protection if not a regular vulnerable area)
What YAM Does
* It Soothes Instantly any Itching, Burning, or Crawling sensation
* It Deters Malassezia from settling into area applied – does not stop it completely
but keeps the Traffic in applied areas Low and Free for very long periods
and unlike any other lotions pharmaceutical, herbal or beauty
it does not cause the stampede return as all of them appear to do.
* If there is Itching, Burning or Crawling sensation in an area
and i rub with YAM -on a cotton wad- the sensation stops instantly
and there is no incident or adverse effect following, i.e. No Dig in
* It Cleans the Grayish Sticky Layer off the surface of any area,
and since a picture is worth a thousand words, this is what i mean:
Malassezia Grayish/brown Sticky Layer Cleaned off by YAM!
In fact, i have rubbed YAM on the legs, back, shoulders, face, neck etc
i.e both in areas that to the naked eye look absolutely clean and clear
and there are no usuals sensations as described above
and the cotton wads return much like the one above…
This is where i wish i could fill a bath tab with it and get my scrubbing brush!
So i can see it as having not just one but many beneficial uses:
1) Soothes Instantly Itching, Burning, or Crawling sensation,
2) Dries into a thin Protective Layer and Promotes Healing
3) Can Safely Replace –or be used alternately with Seawater
and Deter Malassezia Presence and Damage
4) Can Clean Off most effectively Grayish Sticky Layer
which is vital to Malassezia adhering and dig-in on the skin surface
of its chosen area to start its evil work which usually lasts near 4 weeks
of destroying the skin layers and causing maddening itch,
irritation and inflammation –which attracts more of it!-
while spewing more (spores??) every half to one hour or so
throughout its entire 4 week cycle.
5) Enriches Skin with Friendly Bacteria
6) It is All Natural, Easy to Prepare in less than a minute
7) Fairly Inexpensive compared with the prices of different other products.
One dosage as described above lasts for a few days
8) It is almost Invisible when it dries
and Dries into a thin Protective Layer
9) Promotes Quick Healing much like Seawater
10) Can be Safely and Effectively taken Internally
Of course , like with all things, there may be some prohibitions
in cases of Lactose and / or Dairy intolerance.
So!… Hello and Hooray… YAM!